I have felt strongly about presidential elections before, most recently the elections of 2004 and the one in 2000, but THIS election really has me on pins and needles.
So, I am urging all of you Americans to go out and vote - for OBAMA!
The United States cannot take MORE mismanagement, MORE wasteful spending, and MORE OF THE SAME at the hands of the Republican Party. And just the thought of the inexperienced and ill-informed Sarah Palin possibly at the helm one day in the next four years makes me shudder.
After living outside the United States for a year now, I do know one thing: if the rest of the world could elect the US President, OBAMA would win by a landslide! Do you think there's something that the rest of the world knows that many Americans don't?
TOP 5 REASONS OBAMA SUPPORTERS SHOULDN'T REST EASY
1. The polls may be wrong. This is an unprecedented election. No one knows how racism may affect what voters tell pollsters—or what they do in the voting booth. And the polls are narrowing anyway. In the last few days, John McCain has gained ground in most national polls, as his campaign has gone even more negative.
2. Dirty tricks. Republicans are already illegally purging voters from the rolls in some states. They're whipping up hysteria over ACORN to justify more challenges to new voters. Misleading flyers about the voting process have started appearing in black neighborhoods. And of course, many counties still use unsecure voting machines.
3. October surprise. In politics, 15 days is a long time. The next McCain smear could dominate the news for a week. There could be a crisis with Iran, or Bin Laden could release another tape, or worse.
4. Those who forget history... In 2000, Al Gore won the popular vote after trailing by seven points in the final days of the race. In 1980, Reagan was eight points down in the polls in late October and came back to win. Races can shift—fast!
5. Landslide. Even with Barack Obama in the White House, passing universal health care and a new clean-energy policy is going to be hard. Insurance, drug and oil companies will fight us every step of the way. We need the kind of landslide that will give Barack a huge mandate.
I have voted in every election since I have been old enough to vote. In 2000 and again in 2004, I felt that my vote did not count. More than ever before in history, there is a sense of urgency about this election.