Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Dona Nobis Pacem - Blogging for Peace in 2014


Dona Nobis Pacem - is Latin for "Grant Us Peace."

I have dreamed of a world of peace for as long as I can remember.  When I was a child in 1950s, I would often have difficulty falling asleep because of all the images swirling around in my head of Nikita Khrushchev threatening to bury me, the Cold War, and the Nuclear Arms Race.  I had nightmares.  It is a scary thing for a child who doesn't understand why everyone just can't get along or why there are wars in the first place.

As the decades passed, my difficulties in falling asleep remained, but what changed were who the Bad Guys were and the different fears.  Like Fidel Castro, the Viet Nam War, the Iran Hostage Crisis, the bombings in Northern Ireland, and the never ending conflicts involving Middle Eastern and African countries.



I still don't claim to understand the motivations or reasons behind all this worldwide turmoil.  But what I do know is that  I choose not to live in fear - and I am already against the next war.  That, for me, will never change.

We must change the world so our children don't have to be afraid, so they don't have nightmares, and so our children can know a World of Peace.

Today, November 4th, bloggers from all around the world are uniting together and Blogging for Peace.  Maybe somehow if enough of us stand up together and say "Enough is Enough" - maybe, just maybe, we can Give Peace a Chance.

Blog4Peace Website

Blog Blast for Peace Facebook Community

13 comments:

  1. May you sleep, rest easy, and dream of Peace made manifest in this world together.

    ☮ ☮ ☮ ㄗᄐᎯⅭᄐ ☮ ☮ ☮
    Dona nobis pacem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Others aren't guiltless but the US has worked to make the middle east for worse than it needs to be. We need to just pull out and stop pouring gasoline on the fires in the region.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, yes, the time has come! May you be blessed with peace today and always, may it be so for all beings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way exactly. Your peace globe is beautiful and your words are heartfelt and affirming. I cant believe jets are bombing places right now. Peace can never be achieved through war. Keep shining!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Peace Globe is gorgeous and your message resonates.

    Peace to you and yours today and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peaceful Pawkisses, Little Binky and Granny :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah Laura. This one makes me smile twice as wide. You're using templates I made for Mimi. That is such a rush!

    But to be honest... what you wrote is even better than the pretty pictures you've created here. Yes. Oh YES on all your wishes and hopes. I agree completely.

    Peace blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Peaceglobe Laura! I hope that we can all sleep in peace one day. Here's wishing that day will come sooner rather than later.

    Peace to you and yours

    Annelisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. We need to let peace weave its happiness magic. A beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish you endless nights of restful sleep and days full of peace. Thank you for bringing your adventure to us and blogging for peace.,
    Your peace globe is stunning.

    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your beautiful offering is officially documented as #8939 & 8940 in the Official Peace Globe Gallery @ blog4peace.com

    Peace to you and yours always,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mimi. What an honor for me. Peace, my friend.

      Delete